Booking and Acceptance
- Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- A waiting list is often available for activities. Those on that list may be offered the place of anyone who has not complied with paragraph 6 of these Terms & Conditions.
- Before a place on an activity can be allocated to a child, any required deposit / payment in full and, a completed activity application form must be received and accepted by us (the group).
- We may decline applications from those who we consider to be unsuitable for the activity or, when the maximum number of places have been filled.
Payment and cancellations
- You must pay the full cost of an activity (unless otherwise stated) at least two weeks before the start date.
- Should you (the parent/guardian) cancel after your child’s place has been secured, you agree to pay any costs that we have incurred on your child’s behalf. This could be up to the full cost of the activity.
- We (the group) may cancel any activity if there is insufficient adult help to run the activity safely. In this event a full refund will be given.
Before the activity
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that their child has sufficient and suitable clothing and personal equipment with them in order to undertake the activity and, that all clothing and equipment is packed securely (Please ask us for advice if needed).
- When travelling to/from an activity, children under 12 years of age who are less than 135cm (4’5”) tall must have a suitable car restraint (Booster Seat). It is the Parent/s / Guardian/s responsibility to ensure that if needed, a suitable restraint is provided. It is the law.
- Those attending the activity must be present at the advertised meeting point before the stated meeting/ departure time.
During the activity
- While in the care of our Scout leaders and helpers, children must always behave in a reasonable manner and must accept the authority of those in charge of the activity.
- Jewellery, personal hi-fi, communications equipment and any items not essential for use during an activity must not be brought to it. We accept no responsibility for the loss of or damage to any personal items unless our responsibility has previously been obtained in writing.
- Parents/Guardians may be asked to collect their child from the site of an activity before it has ended under the following circumstances:
- The child is suffering because of inadequate or insufficient clothing and/or personal equipment.
- They become extremely distressed because they are homesick.
- They become unwell.
- Their behavior is such that the person in charge is not able to manage them.
- Programmes and/or menus associated with any activity may be subject to alteration without notice.
- The given return time from any activity is approximate and may be subject to change due to traffic or other factors.